Mountain House | Black Clay Ceramics
Our small collection of simple functional ceramic objects are hand carved from blocks of black clay using the traditional Japanese Kurinuki technique.
The mountain houses are inspired by the Rifugi (mountain huts) found nestled in the stunning Italian Dolomites. Embrace hygge with our mini mountain houses with their delightful smoking chimneys.
- Each house is unique in its form and size
- Approximate dimensions: 35mm x 40mm
- Variations of size, glaze colour should be expected as every house is unique
- Hand carved black clay using the traditional Japanese Kurinuki technique, the art of hand-building and carving from a single block of clay
- Included is a balsam fir incense stick to get you started
- Designed and hand made in our London studio
Please do contact us should you have a particular preference of mountain house (in the photo) and we will do our best to accommodate your request.