Crushed whelk shells
Shell on Earth is a small family business run by husband and wife team Jordan & Caryl Andrews.
The crushed whelk shells are generated at their family’s seafood processing factory and recycled for use in gardens and landscaping. Genius!
This bag size (3.5kg) is ideal for indoor plant pot and terrarium top dressing. It's also great for cacti, succulents and most houseplants. Alternatively, you can mix the shells into soil or compost to increase drainage. The whelk shells are the perfect alternative to quarried grit or gravel. The shells naturally lighten with sun exposure, giving a beautifully bright finish.
When watering your plants, ensure a slow and gentle pour to avoid soil rising above the shells. We suggest a coverage of 20-30mm.
- This is a natural product from the sea
- Repurposed crushed and washed whelk shells from Wales
- All packing is recyclable
- The white filler is made from vegetable starch and is compostable
- Plant pot and terrarium dressing
- Garden borders and bed
- Drainage layer to aid runoff
- Surface mulch to retain moisture
- Natural, gentle weed and pest control